From:
"Swayne, Dominic - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Swayne, Dominic - swaynedd
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:56:02 +0000
Julie,

I personally like:

Educate NXT – great examples on how to calculate precise cornering and really learn some of the math and science required to develop a process.
http://www.legoeducation.us/store/detail.aspx?pt=1&ID=1954&c=0&t=1&l=0

Lego Mindstorms NXT-G Programming Guide –
http://www.legoeducation.us/store/detail.aspx?pt=1&ID=1450&c=0&t=1&l=0

and the Lego Mindstorms NXT Idea Book
http://www.legoeducation.us/store/detail.aspx?pt=1&ID=1461&c=0&t=1&l=0

You can find some of these cheaper on Amazon or other book selling sites.

There are a number of free sites and YouTube videos out there with great demonstrations of artificial intelligence, using variables, data hubs and other programming techniques.   Some of these are not directly applicable to FLL, but are very powerful in terms of technique and process.
http://robotclub.ab.ca/

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

There are also some “dated” materials that offer good insights into the art and science of building with LEGOs
http://neuron.eng.wayne.edu/LEGO_ROBOTICS/lego_building_tutorial.pdf