Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:18:59 -0500
From:
Frank Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Cedric,
  Keep in mind that the rules and regulations change a little from year to
year, so nothing I say should be construed as "the way it will be", only
"the way it was last year".  I have answered in-line below.

-Frank

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Cedric D'Costa <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> We viewed the fllstartingpoint video which was very helpful.
> My apologies for the long list of question and  if we missed any from the
> video.
>
> We're a rookie team and needed clarification on the questions below-
> *Core values*
> 1. Are the kids allowed to take the poster into the room?

We did not - we had it on our table in the pit area.  not sure if it was
allowed or not.

2. Is this a closed session?

yes

> 3. How long is this session?

10 mins

> 4. Is this 5 minutes for the Core value activity and 5 minutes for judging?

not sure, but it was a total of 10 mins

> 5. Should the kids introduce themselves? Will this be counted in the time
> allocated?

I don't recall introductions for this one

> 6. Are only 3 adults allowed in the room with the kids?

 Number of adults was limited last year - I think it was 2

> *Project*
> 1. Is this 5 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for judging?

it was 10 minutes total last year

> 2. Should the kids introduce themselves? Will this be counted in the time
> allocated?

timer started when the kids walked in the door

> 3. Are only 3 adults allowed in the room with the kids?

 Number of adults was limited last year - I think it was 2

> 4. I assume this is a closed session and a poster/trifold is allowed in
> this room.

it was last year

> *Robot design*
> 1. Is this a closed session?

yes

> 2. Should the kids mention their roles as we have some "experts" in
> programming who can answer questions.

they can, but our judge talked to them and asked them what their role was

> 3. Should they walkthrough their binder?

our kids were prepared for that, I think the judge looked at one of the
programs

> 4. How long is the judging of Robot design?

not sure, but probably 10 mins like everything else

> 5. How many adults are allowed in the room with the kids?

 Number of adults was limited last year - I think it was 2

> *Missions*
> 1. Is this a closed session?

No - this was the part where parents and others could watch

> 2. How long do we get at the practice table?

We could sign up for 10 minute blocks

> 3. How many adults are allowed in the room with the kids?

Not a closed session - observers were welcome