From:
David Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:15:43 -0500
Michael,

"This would be best done right at the start of the season, to make sure
the rookie gets hooked up to the relevant web sites, listserv and other
resources, and gets some tips on how to organize the work, set realistic
goals, create appropriate ground-rules, understand the role of the coach
in FLL, and pace out the short season."

Count me in!  I think even veteran coaches could benefit from what you
are suggesting.   I personally think that the best time to start  is a
week or two before the challenge is announced.   It would also be good
if some schools ( with rookie or veterans teams) could host small
gatherings.

David Levy (third year Div1 coach)