From:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robot Bill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:47:49 -0500
My answers to your questions:

"If something like the tripod or water falls while being delivered by the
robot" is what FLL calls "Stranding" for HYDRO DYNAMICS and this topic is
addressed as Rule 15. What happens to the item depends on where it comes to
rest on the field:

[image: Inline image 1]

The specific answers to your questions are:

   1. *Can the team member remove it (something like the tripod or water
   falls) from the table and place it in the side or give it to the
referee? *If
   it is completely outside base (see [D07] and [R15]), no. It stays where it
   came to rest.
   2. *I understand there will be a touch penalty of 5 points.* This is an
   untrue statement. The Interruption Penalty is only if you interrupt the
   *ROBOT* when it is not completely inside the Base. Read [D09],  [R10]
   and [R14]. If you (meaning your Technicians, not your autonomous Robot)
   alter the condition of anything outside Base, we will do our best to put
   things back in the condition it was before your Technician messed with
   it (As a rule your Technicians should not touch anything except your Robot
   outside base at any time). You can always touch your Robot. Your team could
   get a penalty for Interrupting the Robot depending on where the Robot is
   and how many previous Interruption Penalties that you already have (See
   [R10], [R14] and D07]).

[image: Inline image 2]

   1. *If certain missions are not being attempted for example, the water
   well or slingshot can they be removed from the base and placed in a
bin?* Yes,
   as long as they stay in view of the referee. See the first bullet of [R12]
   2. *Do they need to be placed back on the base within the 2.5 mins?* No
   they do not *need* to be put back. It is appreciated, however. Just please,
   please, please do not take them from the competition table after your match
   has ended.

References in Square Brackets,[]:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__firstinspiresst01.blob.core.windows.net_fll_hydro-2Ddynamics-2Dchallenge-2Dguide-2Dletter.pdf&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=iMiBBNkmFi179exERHZILiCr2Kg0MAr6ZCDSXoCgnNA&s=Ew2iQA1g4d31m4g5jmvMWqrBtSJv-DWcyyXn8QHFBro&e=