From:
Hollytmcmanus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hollytmcmanus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 13:40:28 -0500
Hi, We are transporting something to strike the M11-Escape Velocity with and then leaving it on the field.
We read the rules as follows:

After the transported thing is used unsuccessfully on the M11, We can interrupt the robot, take the penalty, pick up the "transported thing” and keep it to Re-Launch it.
However, if we Use the "transported thing” and complete the mission without re-launching - we must leave it on the field wherever it lies.

The question is really clarifying that as long as we re-launch we can pick up the “transported thing” that we ejected to strike the M11 and try again?
Thank you!
Team 31382 XX G.I.R.L.S.

R14 - INTERRUPTING If you INTERRUPT the Robot, you must stop it immediately, *then calmly pick it up for a re-Launch. Here’s what happens to the Robot and anything it was Transporting, depending on where each was at the time:

• ROBOT
– CompletelyinBase: ........................Re-Launch

– NOT completely in Base: . . . . . . . . . . . . Re-Launch + Penalty

• TRANSPORTED THING WHICH CAME FROM BASE DURING THE MOST RECENT LAUNCH

– Always: ………………………………Keep it

• TRANSPORTED THING WHICH DID NOT COME FROM BASE DURING THE MOST RECENT LAUNCH

– CompletelyinBase: ………………………Keep it

– NOT completely in Base: . . . . . . . . . . . . .Give it to the referee

The “PENALTY” is described with the Missions.
IF YOU DON’T INTEND TO RE-LAUNCH – In this case, you may

shut the Robot down and leave it in place.

R15 - STRANDING If the UNINTERRUPTED Robot loses something it was Transporting, that thing must be allowed to come to rest. Once it does, here’s what happens to that thing, depending on its rest location:
• TRANSPORTED THING

– CompletelyinBase: ………………………Keep it

 – Partly in Base: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Give it to the referee

– Completely outside Base: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Leave as is