From:
"Burke, Stephanie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Burke, Stephanie
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:40:16 -0400
One idea I think would be useful is to have the top teams demonstrate
their work at the end of the tournament during the awards ceremony.
Have the team with the top challenge score re-run their 2.5 min missions
when everyone can watch it.  Then the team with the top
design/programming score show their robot and describe a few of their
unique features, and the team with the winning project presentation
re-run their presentation.  This way, all the teams have a chance to see
what a really good team (of kids just like them) can do, and what is
possible.  In my experience, they are so busy during the day, they have
little time to really see what the others teams did, and don't really
know which of the teams they do see are the best.  I think that most of
the teams can then see how their results compare to the best at the
competition without worrying about a specific score, and that gives them
a very good understanding of what they could work on for next year.