Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:02:15 -0500
From:
Betsy Wilco <[log in to unmask]>
To: Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Here is another two cents, whatever that is worth these days! Last year
the challenge at tournament just happened to be a problem my kids had
previously been given at practice. Obviously I had no way of knowing
that would happen, it is just a fun one that I do every couple of years.
I actually think it handicapped our team in the judging room, in that
they did not process they way they usually did, the essentially jumped
into the problem mid-stream. Some of the kids had been mulling it over
for a few weeks, and were anxious to try the ideas they had had in the
meantime. It was not pretty! I am not sure that, in general, you would
help your team by trying to change up anything in the last two weeks.

>>> Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]> 11/12/2013 9:19 AM >>>

Agreed. Might be worth noting here that the spontaneous teamwork event
changes from tournament to tournament, so it’s not like judging the week
before lets a coach tell the team “You’ll be doing x”.