From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2012 23:47:17 -0500
Hi Teri,
I have not seen the Green City challenge kit, but yes, you can purchase
that at any time.  Each season there is a specific theme and kit released
at the same time to everyone for the FLL competitions, so it is something
different every year.  But the Green City challenge kit sounds like
something that the team could use to practice the kinds of activities they
would do during the FLL season.  There are also a lot of other great
resources for tutorials and practice ideas if you already have a robot.
 Here are a few:

http://www.ortop.org/NXT_Tutorial/

http://www.drgraeme.net/

http://www.techbrick.com/

There are a lot of good books too.  If you just do a google search for
things like NXT tutorial, Mindstorms, etc you will find a lot of videos and
practice ideas.  Hope that helps.

Sonya in Harrisonburg