Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2016 22:05:44 +0000
Hi Karen,
I have a situation that we haven't been in before and wanted to ask you for thoughts.  We have a boy on the team, who has been very sick in the last week with pneumonia.  And while he's now recovered from that, the pneumonia has triggered his asthma, and he's now receiving breathing treatments. which make him very tired and sleepy. It was clear to me after seeing him today that there's no way he's going to make it through the tournament, although he wants so much to be there.  I am wondering if it is a problem for him to come for part of the day on Saturday and just be with his team, although he's not going into the judging rooms.  Or if they should happen to win an award, would it be ok for him to go up with his team to receive it? I just didn't know if that was weird or frowned upon? I just feel so bad for him and they all worked so hard together all season, and I'm just trying to find a way to make it not so bad I guess.
I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you,Amy