From:
Sharmila Sanjay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharmila Sanjay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2016 11:44:22 -0500
My kids have transitioned to FTC from FLL this year.  Our team made it to State three years and every year, we were simply amazed at how well the tournaments were organized!!

With regards to hotels, book as soon as you find out you have made it to State.  They fill in fast!!   There were always multiple events going on when we went to JMU—sporting events/debating competitions.   We stayed at the Holiday Inn or the Comfort Inn.  Both hotels are close to the university campus and restaurants.  We paid an average of $99 a night and we usually went there on Friday evening.  Comfort Inn also offers breakfast for additional $10/night!

Planning early and buying meal tickets to the JMU cafeteria on Day 1 is a good idea.  The cafeteria is well known for its food offerings.  The other option is to have someone get food from outside such as Pizza/sandwiches etc.  Parking is tight on Day 1 campus.

Our team reserved tables for dinner on Saturday night.  We found that to be a great option as teams like to be together as a group.

Day2—There is food available in the school.  You can order the pizza ahead of lunch time so you have it ready for your team as they come out of their sessions.

Congratulations and good luck at State!

Regards,

Sharmila Sanjay

Coach to Fantastic Undercover Robotic Youth (2013, 2014, 2015)