Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:54:05 -0400
From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
I agree that the feedback forms filled out by the judges are far more
useful than a numeric score. That being said, more feedback is better
than less, and sometimes our team has gotten a slip of paper with
just one or two words on it. I realize that the day is packed and the
judges have little time for filling out forms between judging events,
but if there's a way to make the feedback a little richer, it would
be great. Perhaps the pre-made forms could have more check-box
options? I'm not sure what else to suggest.

 From the kids' perspective, though, the two things that matter in
terms of performance are their robot scores and whether they were
given awards. The feedback is useful and interesting, but at the end
of a tournament, everyone's pretty burned out and happy with season
and the fun day, no matter what the judges happened to conclude.

Mike