From:
Joseph Trombo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Trombo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:04:56 -0700
It's a great event and very helpful with brainstorming for the project. It can help built your research notebook. We've been twice. There's adequate free garage parking and some refreshments.
It's like a science fair with booths and a number of hands-on and interactive activities. They have great speakers also. Last year, it was Bob Ryan, and great displays from the Red Cross, NOAA, FEMA and the Nature Conservancy, among others. There was even a tidal wave machine for the kids to test their Lego structures in...great fun! They also have some robots, a field table, and programming practice stations. The year before, there was a really intersting speaker from MIT.
The event does sell out.
Amy