Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 23:27:41 -0400
From:
VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
The only thing that has to be part of the Robot is exactly one LEGO
MINDSTORMS controller.

D04 - ROBOT Your “Robot” is your LEGO® MINDSTORMS® controller and all the
Equipment you’ve combined with it by hand which is not intended to separate
from it, except by hand.

R02 - CONTROLLERS You are allowed only ONE individual controller in any
particular Match.[image: image.png]

That's the smallest that a Robot can be.  Otherwise, the team should build
the Robot to be large enough to do all the things that the team wants to do.

R13 - Launching requires the the Robot fits entirely within Base and is no
more than 12 inches tall each time the team starts the Robot and makes it
Go.  If the Robot doesn't fit, then that is not an allowable  Launch, and
the team would not earn any points for Missions during that run.

If the team Launched the Robot later in the Match, and the Launch was okay,
then the team could try to score points on those later Missions.

All successful teams should have one or more members who read and
understand the Rules and Missions, so they aren't surprised when they get
to a tournament.
Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor