Sender:
From:
Sejal Brahmbhatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:57:31 -0400
Hello Everyone,

My name is Sejal Brahmbhatt and we are hosting a community based robotics
tournament as a pre-FLL warm-up.

I’m looking for teams of 3-4 kids per team to compete in a FLL -style challenge
on  FLL size field (4 ft by 8ft). Every year IAVA organizes robotics tournament
on the lines of FLL. This provides young kids a platform to get early exposure to
Lego robotics. This year there will be three challenges to be overcome by the
robots built using NXT or EV3 robotic kits. In the tournament, teams will be
competing head to head against other teams in various robotic sporting events.
All three events will be an elimination style tournaments. The robots will have
to complete the autonomously in some challenges, but there will also be tele-
operated challenges. There will be an open house soon where the challenges
will be unveiled, please stay tuned  More information will be provided at the
open house. I will let you know the details of open house once you email me to
pre-register your team. Challenge will be out soon.

Registration is ongoing ,  pre-registration is required.
I have teams already registering , so spots are limited.
Register soon by emailing :
Sejal Brahmbhatt ([log in to unmask])
Swapnil Pande ([log in to unmask]

Following is the competition details:
What:  IAVA Robotics Competition
When: Saturday, August 17th 2013, 1pm - 4pm
Where:  Innsbrook Pavillion Glen Allen, VA
Address: 4901 Lake Brook Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Phone:(804) 423-1775
Pre-registration required - send an email to  [log in to unmask]
Registration cost : $40 per team

If you are a Rookie team and have your Robot kit and want to participate in
this competition this will give you a great learning practice pre-FLL season.
Even if you do not know much about Robotics and are interested to learn/know
more about constructing, designing and programming Robotics for IAVA
Robotics Competition, our tournament sponsors Engineering for Kids can help
you get started.  Engineering for Kids would be happy to mentor / coach your
team in one hour blocks by scheduled appointments. But you need to pre-
register with us first for the IAVA Robotics competition. So, if you have an FLL
team, where 3-4 kids are up for a robotics challenge, you may want to
participate.  Once you pre-register, I will inform you about open house .  The
cost is $40 per team. Registration will cover your field kit.

We can only take teams until the registration reaches its limit, so please email
and register soon.

Thanks,

Sejal Brahmbhatt
Coach - The 4 Musketeers