Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:31:05 -0400
From:
VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Hey Skip, Thanks for the encouragement to coaches to volunteer. I highly recommend it myself. It's definitely the best way to understand how things work.Skip, you raised a question about the toy factory and how one energy unit will sometimes roll out the back. I looked at this and I was able to replicate it on my model. There are certain configurations that make that happen. So your team will need to think about how you want to have your robot deliver these energy units. Only the energy units in this storage area on the back of the toy factory at the end of the match shall count.Best of luck and Best wishes for a great season!Michael BrownVA- DC FLL Referee Advisor. ---- On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:01:18 -0400  [log in to unmask]  wrote ----

CAUTION:
This email originated from outside of JMU. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Tonight there was a FLL Coach Chat and a great question came up. "Where can I see presentations from other teams?"

The VERY BEST place to see presentations from other teams is to actually get in the judging room! But certainly the people in the judging rooms must be highly paid professionals or people who
 know someone, right? Well, in a couple of weeks you are going to start seeing emails from Karen, our wonderful tournament coordinator, where she will be asking for volunteers for the judging at all of the regional events. Yes, the judges at all of our events,
 as great as they are, are really just volunteers that replied to Karen's email. If you sign up to do this, you will see first hand how important the rubrics are, and you will get to see how several other teams do at the judging.

As much fun as the Robot Game is, watching these highly motivated teams put on presentations that would make Tom Hanks jealous is truly inspiring. You really should do you and your team a huge
 favor and volunteer at least once. You will get all the training you need, and probably a really lousy lunch. And a T-shirt. But most importantly, you will get to see what really goes on behind-the-scenes at this (not so) mysterious FLL judging.

Karen, sorry for stealing some of your thunder!

Best regards,
Skip Morrow
Coach Team 24277
Norfolk Collegiate O.A.K.S.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".

VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to subscribe.