From:
Jolene Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jolene Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:45:33 -0500
Good morning everyone,

I have a couple of students participating in a fellowship program called
LearnServe. One of the students is a FLL alum and she was inspired by her
positive experience to bring FLL and programming to more students. Please
take a look at their letter below.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Jolene Wu

Hello,

Our names are Anusha Rao and Celia Waldman and we are a part of a
fellowship program called LearnServe International <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn-2Dserve.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=k6Oa5GxfBPFMgGjb2r5QIoEOeBZs9xbNIpA0kLw_kFQ&m=Jjmpt7phU-zJE506GA1t1Uu4-1BEZvALGDl5fBuPuGM&s=_cdvZqLJRc4MzkYUhrXcpOZCbsgGfjhLxBJ_NoNVBeQ&e= >.
LearnServe is a social entrepreneurship program for high schoolers across
the D.C area that helps them start their own social ventures. The FLL
Robotics competition got us interested and involved in S.T.E.M during
middle school, and we want to help expand those skills and interests that
we gained during that time. We also have an engineering team at our school,
where we have learned about design, motors, and circuits. These programs
have cultivated a strong interest and passion, which we would never have
had unless our school introduced us to it. We want to bring engineering and
robotics to other schools that don’t have the resources to give their
students the same kind of exposure that we received. We know that many
teams have extra parts (such as bricks, motors, connectors, etc) that
aren’t being used, and we were hoping that you would be able to donate some
spare parts to us. We would truly appreciate it, and your donations would
be going to a good use! If interested in either our venture or in donating
any possible resources, please reach us at [log in to unmask]

Thank you so much,

Anusha and Celia