From:
Tom Spalthoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Spalthoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:48:09 -0500
For what it's worth, we were having similar problems with an NXT brick.  It turned out that when swapping the battery, the kids disconnected some of the motor and sensor wires (they're all pretty crammed in there).  When reconnecting one of the motor wires, it didn't quite get seated all the way in.
What made it tricky to figure out was that the motor worked - when the program got to the point where it would activate the motor, the motor would turn, but it would never stop.  Instead of going 60 degrees, it turned forever, obviously preventing the rest of the program from executing.
They incorrectly diagnosed this as a programming problem, and kept replacing blocks and adjusting things.  After that proved fruitless, I advised them to replace the motor, thinking something was mechanically wrong with it.  Only then did they realize that the cable wasn't "clicked in."
I can only assume that motor drive contact was made, but the return signal with the motor sensor reading wasn't getting back to the brick.
As a coach, I keep learning new things....
--Tom