Milka Piszczek <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 03:38:53 +0000
Hello!

Girl Scouts of the Nations Capital is hosting a Maker Day in conjunction with their annual meeting this year. They will have exhibits from current Girl Scouts as well as various organizations/businesses to show off to the girls attending the Maker Day.

The event is April 25th, 1-4PM at the National Convention Center in Leesburg.

See more information here: http://www.gscnc.org/GSmaker.html

Girl Scout Troop FLL Teams or FLL teams with members who are Girl Scouts are eligible to present as Girl Scout Makers. Teams that are not affiliated with Girl Scouts will also be able to apply. Keep in mind that any presenting groups will be asked to provide a hands-on activity for participants. This can be anything you want but I also have some simple ideas involving just some spare LEGOs that I am happy to share with anyone interested.

Please keep in mind that the application deadline is midnight on February 20th - my apologies for the short notice.

Please let me know if you are able to represent FIRST at this event or have any questions.

Thanks,
Milka
Milka Piszczek
FIRSTŪ AmeriCorps VISTA | Rockville, MD
V   (301) 648 - 4400 (Cell)
E   [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W  www.mdfirst.org<http://www.mdfirst.org/>