Sender:
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:22:43 -0500
From:
Frank Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Laurie,
  Guiding Principle's 2 and 3 should give you (and your team) team peace of
mind.

*GP2 – Interpretation*

   - If a detail isn’t mentioned, then it doesn’t matter.
   - Robot Game text means exactly and only what it plainly says.
   - If a word isn’t given a game definition, use its common conversational
   meaning.

*GP3 – Benefit of the Doubt* - If the Referee (Ref) feels something is a
“very tough call,” and no one can point to strong text in any particular
direction, you get the Benefit Of The Doubt. This good-faith courtesy is
not to be used as a strategy

The rules never said anything about bumping the bee, so it doesn't matter.
My team saw both of these principles in action on Saturday, and I'm
confident that you will see them at your tournament too.  The judges and
refs *want* the kids to have a good time.  Also, your kids don't have to
have every rule memorized, but having the text of the rules printed out
(and knowing where to look in the event of a question) is always a good
thing.

My $0.02

-Frank Levine
Coach - The Brick-taters