From:
Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:27:19 -0400

The Lego Engineering group, a google group for robotics educators, is requesting information on robotics topics.  Once compiled, it will be available for free as a pdf download to anyone who is interested.  This could be an amazing resource if we all participated!   Please consider submitting an article or two.   The details follow below.

Thanks,
Cari Norton
FLL Coach
Roanoke, VA

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Sun 12 July 2009 16:30
 From: Damien Kee

We are going to give the Robotics e-Journal another go, in the hope
that with a bit more time people might have something to submit.

Articles will be sourced from the community (that's you girls and guys)
and will also feature short interviews with robotics teachers as well as
robotics researchers and robotic engineers from around the world.

Articles could be based around a variety of topics, including but not
limited to:
 - Robotics in Junior / Middle / Senior School
 - Robotics in remote areas
 - Robotics with limited resources
 - Classroom resource management
 - Working with disadvantaged students
 - Working with Gifted and talented students.
 - Reviews of robotics resources
 - Robotics and girls / boys
 - Robotics and Text based languages
 - Robotics competitions
 - etc.

We are especially keen to hear from everyday teachers using robotics in class.
Have you done something amazing / unusual with robotics in your class?
We love to have an article about that as well.

Once compiled, it will be available for free as a pdf download to anyone
who is interested.

Deadline - 10th of August
Length - Approximately 4 pages
Formatting      - Single column
               - Times New Roman 12pt
               - As many photos / graphs as you wish
Attribution - Please let us know if you would like us to also
acknowledge your school.  Please also ensure any photographs of children
have the relevant permission to be published on the internet.

Please seriously consider writing an article.  This list (and many other
teachers around the world) possess an amazing amount of knowledge that
can benefit so many others out there in the classroom.  The success of such
a journal will be heavily dependent on contributions from the community.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Damien Kee (moderator)
Damien Kee <[log in to unmask]>

 To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
 http://groups.google.com.au/group/legoengineering/subscribe?hl=en-GB

 To report abuse, send an email explaining the problem to [log in to unmask]
com