From:
Jason Wampler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Wampler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:42:14 -0400
When I got my company to sponsor my team they paid the money to JMU who
then in turn paid for things on my behalf.  Dustin and the rest of the
folks at JMU were extremely helpful in handling the funds for me.
-Jason

On Aug 28, 2013 4:04 PM, "Dean Dedicatoria2" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> On 8/28/2013 4:02 PM, Dean Dedicatoria2 wrote:
>>
>>  I would recommend 4-H. Get with your local 4-H agent and talk to them
about your situation. They regularly deal with these types of issues.   You
may have to start a 4-H club and be chartered (not a very hard thing to
do).  4-H is also one of the partners of FLL and they have a free on-line
tutorial program that teaches kids basic NXT programming.  Google "Fire 4-H
Robotics".
>>  Good luck
>>

>>   The agent will gladly help you.
>> On 8/28/2013 12:43 PM, Joseph and Mary Holland wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to get a FLL team started, and I have donations available
that could cover a significant portion of our initial start-up costs.  The
catch is that these donations need to be made to a non-profit group with a
designation for our team.

>>> I am having a difficult time finding a non-profit group that will
support this.  FLL coaches manual suggests working with a school.  Our
school PTA has said "No" and the principal is not sure how to handle such a
procedure.

>>> Can anyone offer guidance on how to proceed?  Do you know any groups in
Virginia and/or Richmond that might support a team and accept these
donations on our behalf?