Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2019 23:22:06 -0400
From:
VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Rajesh's team has an alignment jig that they keep completely in Home when
they Launch their Robot.  This is okay.

Rajesh's team has lined up their jig so that it barely touches the boundary
line between the Launch Area and Home.  This is okay.

BUT...

   - if the Robot runs into this jig and the team Technicians are
   touching/holding the jig, then that is an Interruption, and they must
   re-Launch the Robot.  They might lose a Precision Token, too.
   - If they have measured to the millimeter the width of Home so that this
   jig exactly fits between the west wall of the Field and the edge of Home,
   then that is risky.  Although we hope that all tables are built the same
   and that all mats fit on the tables the same, experience has shown that
   this is not the case.  The dimensions of Home given in update RG01 are
   approximate, and may vary slightly among competition Fields.  It is a great
   design goal to have a Robot that can adapt to small inconsistencies.

Steve Scherr
Virginia-DC FLL Referee Advisor