Scott Rakestraw <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:44:28 -0500
More information about the VA-DC Championship will come from Harrisonburg soon. Remember, we still have one more week of qualifying tournaments.

Volunteer

If your team did not advance to the Championship, please consider volunteering to be a judge. As an experienced and successful coach, I can tell you that judging helped my team have fun and find success. Sign up at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__va-2Ddcfll.org_volunteer_volunteer-2Dform_.-25EF-25BF-25BD&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=J5fb0ELkRoh7TzAGYz99sSMvB-c7i4AC0HDT2OVPrww&m=AB2dvEvZJdrR1YH5AdNloT71AGcvic2WJCcp9p0YTv4&s=TgwlA5qvWG7wviy0bCGsqL9UtGFSlj4D_PXBB05WaAA&e=   You can volunteer for Saturday, Sunday or both.

Judging and Robot Game Schedule (Tentative)

Division 1

·         Division 1 Judging is Saturday morning at Memorial Hall

·         Robot Game and judging call backs will be Sunday at Harrisonburg High School.

Division 2

·         Division 2 Judging is Saturday afternoon at Memorial Hall

·         Robot Game and judging call backs will be Sunday at Harrisonburg High School.

VA-DC Championship Callbacks or Pit Visit

At the Championship Tournament, we have multiple blocks of judging rooms for each division.  For example, Project for Division 1 might be spread across 4-6 judging rooms. The teams that ranked highest in each room will get a call back or pit visit on Sunday so all top teams can be evaluated by the same set of judges.

TJ Exam

Division 2 judging is in the afternoon. There is enough time for students taking the TJ exam to make it to Harrisonburg with time to spare. They will just miss opening ceremonies.

Thanks for coaching and volunteering.

Scott Rakestraw

VA-DC Judge Advisor