Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 14:34:37 -0400
From: Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Diana,
That is great that you have a high school student wanting to help mentor
the team!  I think that is one of the great things about all of the FIRST
programs.  However, lead coaches have to be 18 and older, with the new
Youth Protection Program, and have to undergo background checks.  Every
team has to have two adult lead coaches now.  You can find the handbook
here:

http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default/files/uploadedFiles/About_Us/FIRST-YPP-ProgramGuide.pdf

As far as I know, he can still be a mentor, and you can write in his name
as a mentor on the Team Info Sheet when you go to tournaments, but he can't
be one of your two lead coaches.

Sonya