From:
"Swayne, Dominic D - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Swayne, Dominic D - swaynedd
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:36:23 +0000
Note below from Robert Holup:

All,

I hope this email finds you well. I know we are all preparing rapidly for our respective regionals. I will be at all 3! :)

I am coordinating a FIRST Expo at the DC Regional and would greatly appreciate any assistance in getting the word out (email blasts, website advertisement, etc) Below is a detailed announcement. Please let me know if there are any questions. Thank you in advance!

FIRST EXPO

On Friday and Saturday of the FIRST Robotics Competition Washington DC Regional, we welcome FLL and FTC teams to exhibit during ourFIRST Expo (LEGO and WeDo models, NXT and TETRIX robots only). Respond no later than Friday, March 15, 2013 with team number, names and contact information for interested  FLL or FTC teams.

FIRST EXPO Hours: 9am – 4pm daily
At least 1 FLL team and 1 FTC are desired for each 3 hour time slot, but more are welcome. Both FTC and FLL fields will be set-up all day on Friday and Saturday during expo hours for teams to scrimmage.

To register, contact: Robert Holup [log in to unmask]

Available Time Slots:

Friday, March 29, 2013
9 am – 12 pm
Lunch (on your own)
1 pm – 4pm

Saturday, March 30, 2013
9 am – 12 pm
Lunch (on your own)
1 pm – 4pm

Jr.FLL Expo
Hours: 1:30pm – 3:30pm

To register, contact: Denise Lewis [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

1:30 PM
Jr.FLL Teams Arrive, Check in at Registration and set up their displays

1:40 PM
Reviewer’s Meeting at Trophy Table

1:50 PM
Coaches Meeting at Trophy Table (one coach per team)

2:00 PM
The Jr.FLL Expo Officially Opens to the Public

2:00 PM – 2:45 PM
Jr.FLL Reviewing and Displays (all teams are expected to be ready to talk to our reviewers during this time – 10 minutes per team), Team Banner Activity

2:45 PM – 3:00 PM
Jr.FLL Reviewers Select Special Awards

3:10 PM
Jr.FLL Teams line-up to prepare for Parade of Teams and High Fives Ceremony

At the conclusion of ceremony,  take down Jr.FLL displays and clean up.

Cost of the Jr.FLL Expo is $20.00 per team. The event is posted at https://my.usfirst.org/myarea/index.lasso?page=event_details&eid=10665&-session=myarea:C77D64050559917655RJli39A486

Volunteers:
One Washington DC Regional volunteer will be available to explain exhibits and restock literature as needed. Team mentors are expected to monitor their students and robots at all times.

Teams to provide:
Jr.FLL:Super Seniors Show Me Posters and models
FLL and FTC: Robots, laptop, pit decorations, tri-folds, notebooks, research presentation props, engineering notebooks - anything within reason that will showcase the team!

Robert Holup
NHCC AmeriCorps VISTA
FIRST® Washington, D.C.
V   (239) 822-6123