From:
Barry Wilbanks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:47:40 -0700
This type question was raised at the FLL Partner conference in SC where they introduced the challenge.

It was specifically stated NOT be be oriented toward global warming or climate change.

The key here is how the specific climate in your area affects your community.

Options to start would be to have your team research the term "climate"

A possible definition: The long-term average weather of a region including typical weather patterns, the frequency and intensity of storms, cold spells, and heat waves. Climate is not the same as weather.

One might live in a desert climate, artic climate, or my favorite the dry as a bone yet still humid, grass is dead yet weeds are flourishing Richmond climate.

Good luck out there.