From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:48:55 -0500
Thanks for the tip Jin!  I had been thinking about that actually.

I have a few questions about upgrading when it comes to software and
firmware.  Would anyone have any advice for me on this?

1)  Is it better to just stick with what we are using now?  We are currently
using software v1.1 and firmware 1.05, on Windows XP.  This has worked well
for us.  However, I have read that you can't easily install it onto a
computer with Windows 7.

2)  So, do we just keep using what we have and keep using Windows XP?  It
has seemed to work well for us so far.  But we do have a new laptop that has
Windows 7.

3)  If we upgrade to 2.0, and put it on a computer with Windows 7, will we
need to just use that one computer with Windows 7?  And not try to go back
and forth between XP and 7?

4)  If we upgrade to 2.0, can we also still use the brick we currently have,
as long as we download the proper firmware version onto it?

This year, we have sometimes used two different laptops, both with the same
software versions and XP, so it didn't seem to be a problem switching back
and forth at times in the middle of writing a program.

I would be grateful for any advice from wise and experienced coaches!
Thanks!
Sonya Shaver in Harrisonburg