From:
Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:58:07 -0400
I appreciate your reply.   No,  that doesn't seem to be our problem.  It was more of when we downloaded a program.

Here's an update on what we've done...

We have followed Nick Swayne's instructions for downloading the new firmware v1.28.  There seems to be some issues with v1.26, especially working with the newer NXTG software that has the datalogging capability (v2.0), which is what we have.  (More info on this problem here http://thenxtstep.com/smf/index.php?topic=1386.0)

This firmware can be downloaded from here:
http://legoengineering.com/library/doc_details/250-nxt-firmware-v128.html

It is in a compressed file format (rar),  so I had to download Winzip to extract it.

I also had to put the extracted file in the directory where the firmware is located.
On my computer it is C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Software\LEGO MINDSTORMS Edu NXT\engine\Firmware.  Here's one way to find out where your firmware is located on your computers.  If you go into NXTG, click "Update NXT Firmware", next to the BROWSE button it will tell you where to browse... That is the location of the firmware files.

Then I followed these instructions (from Nick- Thank you!)

 Connect your nxt to your computer.  Make sure the computer is 'connected' to the brick in the software.
 In the NXT-G software, go to tools, select UPDATE NXT, then browse to the location you have it saved.  Click on the "download" button.

So far (since Friday) we haven't had any more lockups.   Thank you to everyone who replied to my email.

Cari N