Sender:
From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:14:46 -0500
Hello FLL Coaches,

I have two exciting outreach opportunities available for FLL teams.
Don't worry if your entire team can't
participate or if your robot hasn't run a mission in months - we still
want you!  The point of these events is to have team members
talk about FLL, show their robot, share what their team did with
research, and maybe demo one simple mission.
Even if the missions don't work, people can see what a FLL robot looks
like.

Please consider one of these events (students can get community service
hours as well).

1.  FTC State Championship (48 teams)/Jr.FLL Expo (morning event 10am -
1pm)/Program Showcase - March 3rd
     Arthur Ashe Center - Richmond - lots of excitement!

      Two FLL Teams are needed for the afternoon shift  12:30 pm - 4:00
pm (2 teams have taken morning shift).
      We will have a FLL table, mat and field set up kit.  Bring your
robot, wear your team shirts, and if you want
      to bring along any display boards/ etc. to help showcase your team
and FLL - great!  You can come early
      if you want to watch FTC.  There will be a concession stand
available for lunch.

2.  FRC (High School big bots) Virginia Regional - Siegel Center,
Richmond - March 16th - 17th

      Friday March 16th - Are there any FLL coaches that would like to
help with a hands-on FLL piece Friday morning 9 - noon?
      We have 100+ Middle School students coming in for a STEM field
trip and one of their stations is a hands-on FLL.
      Someone is putting together the station, but we need some people
to help run it.

    Saturday, March 17th - FLL TEAMS WANTED!

    Morning shift - 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
    Afternoon shift - 12:30 - 3:30 pm

     The FLL station will be set up on the floor of the Siegel Center,
near all the action with 60+ big bots!
    IT IS LOUD, IT IS CRAZY, IT IS FUN!!

Please let me know if you are able to help with one of the events!!
They will both be great fun and will be a chance for FLL
teams to see FTC (the next step) and FRC (big bots).

MANY THANKS!!

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia