Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:21:10 -0800
Thank you very much, Eric. The problem was indeed caused by incompatibility between RIS and  new version of Quicktime.

Now I remember that in the past during installing RIS 2.0 Quicktime 4 on the install CD will be installed even if the system has a new verion of Quicktime already. Not this time - Qt4 didn't get installed.

I did following to get around -
1 - uninstall Qt7
2 - install Qt4 from the CD
3 - reinstall Qt7 to a different directory so Qt4 and Qt7 can co-exist.

Now RIS can start (with Qt4).

Thanks very much to anyone who made suggestions to me.

Jin