From:
Joseph Trombo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Trombo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:17:57 +0000
Cedric:Just my opinion, as an average 4th-year coach who has judged at least twice every year for 4 years. (I'm not an expert.)

Core Values.1. yes2. yes3. depends on venue and question, usually about 5 min for responding to question, 5 min for questions from judges.
4. yes
5. Introductions not needed (Judges probably won't remember) Name tags are fine. will be counted in time.6. yes 3 adults (2 coaches, one historian/photographer.)
Project1. yes2. see #5 above3. yes, see #6 above4. yes, and anything else for the presentation (models, prototypes, music, props, etc.)
Robot Design1. yes2. If it comes up. Some judges prefer to direct the kids, some judges just tell the kids "show me what you've got."3. if the teams wants to, or the judges ask
4. duration about the same as CV and project, depending on venue.
5. 3
Missions1. No, but usually 3 trips to the official tables
2. depends on venue, usually about 5 minutes per reservation, there should be a sign-up board3. as many as can fit (usually in a gym, so hundreds!)

The practice field table is usually separate from the official field tables for scoring. Field tables with referees determine official scores and are scheduled. The practice table is usually self-moderated and available to reserve, first-come and first-served. (Please remember your CV here.)

Hope this helps,Amy Tromboco-coach BrickBeasts