From:
Vinayak Arumugam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vinayak Arumugam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2014 12:42:01 -0400
Here is some more help from the online forums:
From http://www.nr.edu/csc200/labs-ev3/ev3-user-guide-EN.pdf
“If your EV3 Brick suddenly stops working and cannot be shut down through the normal process, you will need to reset your EV3 Brick . Resetting the EV3 Brick does not delete existing files and projects from previous sessions in the EV3 Brick memory . Files and projects from the existing session will be lost”Make sure that the EV3 Brick is turned on .Hold down the Back, center, and left buttons on the EV3 Brick .When the screen goes blank, release the Back button .When the screen says “Starting,” release the center and left buttons"
Also, I see that NXT had a button for resetting to factory setting (see http://cache.lego.com/downloads/education/9797_LME_UserGuide_US_low.pdf page 63). Not sure if EV3 has one like that. Assuming it exists and you manage to locate, you might want to use it as the last resort.
Best Regards,Vinayak