Sender:
From:
Leyla Nazhand-Ali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2019 22:12:41 -0500
Good evening,

As a rookie coach, I have a general question for the community: what is the
most reliable and repeatable way to go from point A to point B using Ev3
(FLL robot)?

I know there is a method to use actual motor rotation counts. I also know
we can use a gyro sensor. Any advantages or disadvantages for each of these
methods?

We have two related problems: 1) our navigation program doesn’t behave
similarly a few days later or on a different table. 2) a backup robot we
built doesn’t run the same programs in a similar way to our original robot
even on the same table and almost the same time. In other words, our
solutions are not robust.

I know this is a very broad question that probably touches upon various
topics. However, I appreciate if the other coaches point me to good
resources or share their wisdom with me.

Thanks,
Leyla

--
Sent from my iPhone