From:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curt Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:56:54 -0400
Matthew,

The items at the LEGO Education Store are very confusing, and they do not
map directly to what you purchase from FLL.  Basically, the FLL Robot Set
(#979792) for $395.00 purchased during your FLL registration includes the
following three (3) Education products:

1 x Mindstorms Education NXT Base Set (#W979797) for $279.95 (include 437
elements/pieces)

1 x Mindstorms Education Resource Set (#W979695) for $99.95 (blue box with
817 elements/pieces)

1 x Mindstroms Education NXT Software 2.0 (#W900080) single license for
$79.95  **

** However, the FLL version of the NXT Education Software comes with an FLL
Team license (instead of a single user license from the Education Store).
Hence, you really don't need to purchase the additional software since the
FLL Team license gives you licenses for up to 10 team members plus coaches
(as long as it is related to FLL competition).  FLL also indicated that the
FLL Robot Set can be used from year to year (competition).

However, if you do need to purchase the NXT Base Set with the single license
software, you might want to look at the Mindstorms Education NXT Set &
Software Pack (#W991308) for $345.95 and Mindstorms Education Value Pack - 2
packs (#W991416) for $709.95.  There are also other multiple pack
arrangements with more discounts.  You can search for them by their product
(#W) numbers at http://www.legoeducation.us/store/default.aspx.

Best wishes,

T. (Curt) Tran