From:
Chris Felicetti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Felicetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:08:49 -0500
Hi.  I've not been able to find a hard answer for power output of
compounding motors, so I'm turning to the experts here for help, please.
We have been connecting multiple motors together, with axles and/or pins,
to be able to drive larger gear ratios and achieve higher speeds.  At least
with the EV3 brick, running 4 motors together hasn't seemed to produce an
increase in total power.  Does the electrical power supplied by the brick
to each motor decrease when more motors are added?  We are having trouble
trying to turn (on the ground) 15:1 using 4 EV3 large motors, while I've
successfully run 12:1 using 3 NXT motors.

Sincerely,

Chris Felicetti

The information conveyed in this communication is intended for the use of
the original addressee(s), and may be legally privileged, confidential,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this communication
was not addressed or copied to you, then you have received it in error and
are strictly prohibited from reading, copying, distributing, disseminating,
or transmitting any of the information it conveys. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy all electronic, paper, and other
copies, and notify the sender of the error immediately. Accidental
transmission of this communication is not intended to waive any privilege
or confidentiality protected under Virginia's Freedom of Information Act.

Buena Vista City Public Schools