From:
Martin Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2011 14:20:36 -0400
I wanted to share with everyone a resource our team found for our project
research:

Ann Godfrey
Cooking With Scents
703 220-7536

Ann was an Arlington County teacher for 33 years who retired in 2008 to
become a cooking instructor/personal chef. The team is arranging a 2-3 hr
food safety/cooking class with her later this month. We thought it would be
fun to cook an actual dish with the specific food we selected to research
(chicken) while learning more from her about food safety. The team also
plans to share their research idea with her.  I've spoken with her over the
phone and she seems very knowledgeable and especially able to handling a
group of 10 year olds.

Unfortunately, the kitchen we are using doesn't have room for other teams
but I thought I would mention this resource. Also, she does charge a fee but
we were fortunate enough to receive a grant for the team.

Good luck everyone.