From:
Brittany Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:37:38 +0000
Good afternoon VA/DC FLL,

This note is to remind everyone that the regional qualifying tournament registration period, which opened on October 1st, will be closing at noon on this upcoming Wednesday, 10/15.  You can register your team on the tournaments page of the VA/DC FLL Web site at http://www.vadcfll.org/registration.html.  Tournament assignments will be announced on Friday, October 17th.  We will do our best to accommodate your first choice of tournament, but there are only a certain number of slots available for each location so - as in previous years - registration will be first come, first served.

NOT SURE IF YOU COMPLETED YOUR REGISTRATION?  Then log into the system using the team manager's email address and password.  From the View / Edit Team Registration Information page, select View / Edit Tournaments at the far right of your screen. You will be shown a list of tournaments previously selected, if any.

The tournament listing can also be found on the "tournaments" page of the VA/DC FLL Web site.  I have pasted them at the bottom of this message for ease of use.

Please be aware that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order to use the registration system.  If this poses a problem in your school or place of business, you will need to use another computer or have someone else register for you.

WHAT WILL I NEED TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
- Your national FLL team number as provided by FIRST.
- Contact information for the coach.
- Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (to allow the system to assign age division), and whether or not the team member has participated in FLL before.

OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION.
* Because we know that a number of you are managers - and in some cases coaches - for more than one team, you will have the option to register multiple teams and list different coaches for each team.  If you register more than one team then you will be responsible for any updates to each team that you register or you will need to share your log in information with individual managers to do so themselves.
* Any manager or coach email addresses provided will be automatically added to the "admin" email list from which all administrative messages will be sent once the registration period closes.

A SPECIAL NOTE TO TEAMS REGISTERED WITH FIRST THAT DO NOT PLAN TO PARTICIPATE IN A VA/DC FLL QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT.
* Even if you don't plan to register a team for a VA/DC FLL regional qualifying tournament this season, please log in and make note of that so that we don't have to contact you separately (there will be a clear place to indicate this on
the first page).  This will help save time for our very busy volunteers who would otherwise have to follow up directly with any unregistered teams.

Thank you for all that you do and we look forward to an exciting season!

Cheers,
Brittany

Northern Virginia/DC Region
Sterling 1 (11/15) - River Bend MS
Sterling 2 (11/16) - River Bend MS
Stafford (11/15) - T Benton Gayle MS
Chantilly (11/15) - Chantilly HS

Capital Region
Richmond 1 (11/08) - Benedictine HS
Midlothian (11/08) - Midlothian HS
Richmond 2 (11/15) - Maggie Walker HS

Hampton Roads/Tidewater Region
Newport News (11/15) - Crittenden MS
Norfolk (11/08) - ODU

Southwest Region
Blacksburg (11/16) - Blacksburg HS

Central Region
Charlottesville (11/15) - Jack Jouett MS
Mecklenburg (11/8) - Bluestone MS
Harrisonburg (11/08) - JMU
Lynchburg (11/15) - Timberlake Christian School

--
Brittany Rose
Virginia/DC FIRST LEGO League