From:
"Swayne, Dominic" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Swayne, Dominic
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:10:49 -0400

There are a number of great free resources out there.  Check out the free AND built-in tutorials and portal links that come with the software.

For external sources, start at the VA-DC FLL Coaching Resources page (http://www.vadcfll.org/coaching.html).  Also see:

http://www.thenxtstep.blogspot.com/
http://www.nxtprograms.com/index1.html
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/LEGO2009/index2.html
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

In addition to the free resource links you'll find there, there are a number of books available on that specific topic at Amazon.com for around $20.00.  Search for books using "programming in nxt-g" and you'll see several good options.  If you use the same search string in Google you'll get a number of additional sources that are free - though you'll need to wade through them to find really good ones.  Some are available as downloadable e-books:

http://www.technologylib.com/2010/06/15/lego-mindstorms-nxt-g-programming/
http://www.ebook3000.com/Programming/General/LEGO-MINDSTORMS-NXT-G-Programming-Guide_64650.html

Finally - search YouTube.  I found a great video on modular programming with the NXT.