Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:13:09 -0400
From:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
To: Jennifer Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
I am not in that area, but I moved up to FTC this past season.
"Are the seasons the same as FLL?"
 The answer is yes *and* no.  FTC works differently then FLL. In FTC, a
team can to more than one competition (season is announced in September
same as FLL, but competitions run from mid Dec to late March), and teams
can plan their season for when they register for their competitions.   I'm
a nut,  so after this past FLL season, THEN my team began a FTC season, and
in 1.5 months had a cool robot.  We went to late competitions and were done
by March.  Teams can sign up for two competitions and can put themselves on
a waiting list for more. If they have spots available at the other
competitions, they will let you know about a week or less before the
Saturday event.
    So are they same? They can be, but you can also push yourself to do
them consecutively.
    I felt blessed that this year's field, which in FTC you build yourself
from hardware parts, was a simple PVC pipe "board". Last year's was more
complicated with ramps, lots of baskets and other assorted field parts.
Brandy