From:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:36:01 -0400
 I would GUESS the reason is that the different tournaments have different
light set ups.  If a tournament isn't *required*  to have a certain set up,
they may not use and  then you wouldn't have the same results at home
anyway, so why give instructions and give ppl a false sense of light
certainty.
       The tournament for our area is in a school gym and has ceiling
lights 25 or so feet up. It is a well lite room, but not the same as my
garage. The different set up did not negatively affect our light sensor,
but there should be time to calibrate the robot before the matches- which
the kids should do themselves- if you find during the practice round or
work table that it is badly affecting your sensor.
Try looking on line for self calibrating light sensor programs?
Regards,
Brandy