Sender:
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2019 16:29:46 +0000
From:
"Swayne, Nick - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Lily Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Lily,

It’s a great time to get started!  The theme will be announced in May, but the field setup kits won’t ship until August.  The details of the research project and competition should be released towards the end of August.

If you can form teams now, you can look at past FLL challenges and design ideas from the internet – to work on building and programming skills.  The theme will give you a pretty good idea about what the research project topic will be, so you can spend time over the summer visiting sites and doing general research.

When fall rolls around and the details are announced, you’ll be ready to go.

Please check with your children’s school, civic organizations, and other youth programs to find an existing team – or help start a new one.  We often can help with team startup grants – starting in May, so follow us on Facebook and look for announcements on the website and listserv.

Nick