Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:31:23 -0400
From:
Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Thomas (Tweeks) Weeks" <[log in to unmask]> cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Tweeks,

I have never seen that link before, so I'm not really sure what that is
from.  While I think there is a ton of helpful information online, you
really do have to read the rules multiple times and always rely on the
challenge and the challenge updates (for the current year!) as the official
source for any questions.  While there can be table variations, there is a
rule about how the mat is placed on the table (see page 8 of the
challenge).  We came to learn to rely on the mat and not the table, since
there could be slight variations in the table.  But everyone's mat is
exactly the same dimensions.  So, with that being said, you can rely on the
features of the mat, because those will always be the same.

This might seem very basic, but whenever we are looking for something in
the rules, we just search the document for the keyword on what we are
looking for, and we can usually quickly and easily find the rule related to
our question without poring over the document for the millionth time. I
will say though that you can never read the rules enough.  I've been doing
this for 8 years, and I still find things I didn't know after I've read the
rules multiple times.

Good luck!  I am sure your team will figure something out.  You definitely
cannot use paper and tape, but tell them the new requirements and that will
be a great teamwork challenge!  Having to adjust and reevaluate as you go
through the season is all a part of it (happens to us every year), and is
teaching them awesomely helpful skills that will serve them well in the
future.

Sonya
Coach of the Brick Dawgs