From:
Andy Traiger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Traiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 01:40:37 -0400
I agree with Randy and Lloyd.  Gears should be reserved for the lift-arm
motor.  The motors have plenty of speed already for the drive wheels and a
good amount of power too.  If you need more speed, just go with bigger
wheels, you don't need gears.

If the lift arm motor needs to lift a heavy load, the motor will not be able
to hold the load in position when it is not being driven.  In this case,
putting a small gear on the motor that drives a larger gear that attaches to
the lift arm will allow the motor to hold the heavy load in place.

Also, if the lift arm motor needs to control an attachment that spins on an
axis perpendicular to the motor's axis, using those 4 pronged knob gears
works well.

Andy
Cougar Spirit