From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 21:12:56 -0400
Hello, Coaches!
Eight years ago I coached an FLL team for the first time. We had a lot of
fun, but did not do well at the tournament--Especially we did not do well
with the judging.

The following year I saw Karen's request for volunteers and took her up on
it. I judged at Newport News the week before my team competed. The training
was quick and painless, and I was paired up with a veteran judge for the
project presentations. After seeing the first team I was on auto-pilot and
had a good feel for what my job was. Throughout the day I saw wonderful
teams showing off what they had done, which gave me insight and great ideas
for my team. But more importantly, I saw what the judges were doing. It all
made sense. But most of all, it was fun!

If you are a new coach, and if you are thinking that you will be coaching
again next year, then I highly recommend that you get involved with
judging. We often say it is the best kept secret to doing well at FLL.
Coaches, you already give so much, and we can't thank you enough. But if
you have it in you, then seriously consider judging at an event.

But even if you decide to not judge this year, at least let me thank you
for coaching these wonderful teams and I look forward to seeing them at
some tournaments this month!

Coach and Head Judge
Skip Morrow