Sender: First Lego League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:12:15 -0500
From: B Bergenstock <[log in to unmask]>
I had my team come together and answer the question as an "elevator
speech".  If someone in an elevator, going only to the next floor, were to
ask you what was unique about your team, what would you say? We answered
all the questions as a drama instant challenge :)  It is only 2-3
sentences, but that's ok. You will have several minutes to talk to the
judges after your skit presentation, & you'll have a board you can bring
with you to core values and robot design.
      The kids do not use the paper, they just hand it over to the judge.
My recommendation was to use a 4x6 picture  and tape it to the back of the
team sheet so when the judges are sitting down to trying to remember 15-25
different teams, they a visual of your team (that they can actually see).
It can be goofy, serious, or somewhere in between.
  List only the students going to the tournament in the student section.
Have all your participation forms with you when you register.  Don't forget
to have a participation form for yourself (I forgot that my first year :)
I kept everything in a 1/2" 3 ring binder and gave the Team Sheet to the
first child going in the room to hand to the judges.
Have fun!
Brandy