Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:05:00 -0500
From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
To: Jeff Beima <[log in to unmask]>
Ok, so it's not entirely dead. That's the (sort of) good news.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6029291-Mindstorms-EV3-31313/dp/B00CWER3XY/ref=sr
_1_1?ie=UTF8
<http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6029291-Mindstorms-EV3-31313/dp/B00CWER3XY/ref=s
r_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383187673&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+ev3>
&qid=1383187673&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+ev3 looks like they're available. It
says "arrival Friday", but Amazon often beats their estimates. Same price as
on the LEGO site, btw-given the time constraints, I'd go with Amazon (plus
their returns are painless).

Such timing, eh? Well, at least it isn't Friday evening.!

Hey, Toys R Us in Potomac Run claims to have one in stock:

TOYS R US - STERLING [8364]: Distance from your location: 7 miles
46300 UNIT 100, POTOMAC RUN PLAZA, STERLING, VA 20164
(703)404-8697

They open at 9 tomorrow. $50 premium over list, though.

Ah HAH! Found one at Barnes and Noble at Tysons Corner. $349.95. I talked to
a lady who laid hands on it, and has it on hold under my name ("Phil
Smith"). She isn't sure how long they'll hold it without a credit card, but
they open at 10 tomorrow morning. Phone is 703-506-2937; even if you can't
make it in then, if you call and give them a credit card they'd hold it.

The store at Clarendon also allegedly has them in stock; it's too late to
call now, they just closed, but:

 <http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/store/2068> Barnes & Noble
Booksellers
Clarendon Market Commons