From:
Ralph Grove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Grove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2013 07:22:29 -0400

On 8/6/13 7:13 AM, Fredrik Nyman wrote:
> Could someone please explain the tournaments to me?
You can find a lot of information about tournaments at
http://www.vadcfll.org/db/tournaments.aspx
> Specifically, do all teams participate in a single regional event in
> November?
When you register your team with VADCFLL
(http://vafll.cisat.jmu.edu/registration.html) and pay your registration
fee, you are entitled to compete in one regional tournament in November.
Starting October 1st, registered teams can enter their preferences for
regional tournament sites. Final tournament assignments are made in
mid-October.
> And that regional event is a qualifier for the championship tournament
> in December?
Yes. The winners of regional tournaments go to the championship
tournament in December. A separate registration fee is collected at the
championship tournament. Approximately 20% of all registered teams
participate in the championship tournament.