From:
Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Dysart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:39:59 -0400
I want to thank everyone- I had had a really long day yesterday- took
me hours to register our team with a weird password thing (probably
somehow my fault- but they system wasn't sending me the password it
said it was sending), went to work and coached robotics for three
hours- just tired- I really appreciate everyone's suggestions on the
project topic and our team member with a lot of presence and a lot of
imagination- don't want to squelch that- will definitely review the
rubric with kids , and will talk to the parents of my super creative
one- I had to last year and that helped- I'm not concerned about
moving on- we're still a new team- I just think these more abstract
topics make a lot more work for the kids- that's what I found last
year- but it's their project- and they all need to be excited about it
and they learned a lot of interesting cutting edge technology from our
speaker even though that didn't move them to their topic.  All good.
All the responses really helped me and I appreciate this community.
Laura Dysart