From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:13:32 -0400
A fair question. I would expect mission models like these to be glued, for
simplicity (it would be far too easy for parts to disappear accidentally if
not); as ever, benefit of the doubt should go to the team. If a hat falls
off just because the robot vibrates a little, I wouldn't expect that to be
taken as deliberate mission model damage. If a hat falls off because the
robot is trying to cram the little dude through the window of the house,
that *might* be viewed differently (but you wouldn't be doing that, of
course).

What I wouldn't expect is for you to successfully argue that you should get
points for the ice buoy if, say, the base falls off but the robot delivers
the top in such a manner that, had the base still been attached, it would
have been upright. That goes too far in expecting the refs to make woulda,
coulda, shoulda assumptions.