From:
"Swayne, Nick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Swayne, Nick
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:44:18 -0500
It is very similar to the battery in an iTouch/iPod or cell phone.  Over time the battery just doesn't hold as much charge as it did when new.  Typically, Lithium Ion batteries are most efficient after a few charging cycles so a brand new battery is not as good as one that's been used for a week or so.  One that's over a year old may be erratic (or not).